Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fall songbirds- a kick in the rear!

You know, it always amazes me the way birds surprise me. I was out for what felt like a lazy summer's kayak this afternoon, when I happened into a flock of fall migrant songbirds while watching chickadees and titmice. Maybe it was just that the calendar caught up with me, but for some reason I normally associate the species I saw today (except Blue-winged) with September and October (and cool crisp mornings) rather than August (and its warm soggy days) .

I spent a few minutes with the flock and was able to get these poor photos (digi-binned)
Philadephia Vireo

Blue-winged Warbler

Northern Waterthrush (nice and popcorn yellowy below!)
A fine reminder that no matter what it feels like, it is already autumn for the birds!

No comments: